‘Tis the season of festive loveliness! Today marks just two weeks until Christmas and so I thought it time to share a few things putting a smile on my face at the moment…
* Decorations (everywhere!). You can’t walk down the street without seeing lights, baubles and wreaths and I love it! It might be freezing cold and often raining, but it’s hard to feel anything other than festive when everything looks so pretty.
* Snow! Now sadly I seem to be in the one part of the UK that only managed to have rain on Sunday, but I loved seeing everyone else’s pictures and videos of the country becoming a winter wonderland overnight. Plus seeing the dogs running through a snowy garden is just the most magical festive scene!
* Ridiculous festive mugs. Who can resist a bit of silliness in the morning? My usual morning coffee is now being drunk out of cheery little vessels like the chap in the picture. My little rosy cheeked snowman is on the more sensible side of things, but why not try this colour-changing red nosed reindeer, or a Mrs Claus mug if you fancy something a little more outrageous!
* Knitwear. As a perpetually cold human I rarely leave the house in winter without enough layers to resemble a walking laundry basket, but thankfully it’s not just me at this time of year! I’m very happy to have been able to swap my more sensible looking layers for gigantic Christmas jumpers, and bump into plenty of others doing the same.
* Marshmallows with everything. Christmas proves another excuse to treat yourself, so I will have an extra helping of marshmallows with my hot chocolate, please and thank you.
Just a few simple things that seem to make all the difference! What’s been making you smile lately?