When you’re not feeling so great, it’s important to focus on the positive side of things. Obviously that’s often easier said than done, and sometimes just moping and feeling sorry for yourself seems like the simplest option. That unfortunately doesn’t, and won’t ever start to make things better. When I’m not feeling so smily, I write a list to focus on the good things. Once it’s all down on paper, it’s easier to see that things aren’t going so badly after all. Today, I’m sharing my list from this week:
- Finding a great nail place just a short walk away, and treating yourself to a pretty weekend manicure (and it staying perfect all week!).
- Waking up to birdsong after the local birds finally decide to visit your bird table.
- Having no morning plans and being able to sleep in as long as you want.
- When the foam on your at-home latte works perfectly.
- Mornings where the sun shines through your curtains as you wake up.
- Getting home from work in the daylight!
- Finding avocados that are perfectly ripe straight away.
- Staying in your pyjamas until 2 in the afternoon.
Sometimes the simplest things are the things that bring the most joy. What’s been making you smile recently?